Announcements!

ANNOUNCEMENTS! See Below!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

When Is It "Too Soon" To Investigate Hallowed Grounds?

GH first show of their new season is at Pearl Harbor. And I'm on the fence with this. My Uncle was stationed there during the attack. He passed away a couple of years ago. But my mother is very much alive. She remembers the fear the family lived in, day in and day out. Scared out of their minds if someone in uniform will show up at their door (my other Uncle at the time was stationed in the South Pacific also). It's still too fresh! 
I remember my Uncle like it was yesterday. He never spoke much about the War. Nobody did in the family. He got medals that he never wanted to show (just once-and that was it). There are too many family members still out there that had a loved one stationed there. That I just wonder if they think this is ok? I hope GH did this with respect. And not for ratings.

Pearl Harbor - Ghost Hunters Returns-Season 7: "The TAPS team travels to Hawaii with Josh Gates for a 1st time investigation of Pearl Harbor. Wednesday June 1 at 8/7c."

4 comments:

  1. I don't think there is a "too soon", but the residual energies will linger for a long time. The memories will also fuel the energies to allow the whispers (ghosts, if you will) of the past surface in the present. You're right, as long as they do this with respect and not for ratings it should make it quite interesting. I don't generally watch these shows any more, but perhaps I should start playing catchup again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you mean. But some people will view it as being disrespectful. Such as Ground Zero. I believe they should wait. As they did with the Titanic. The energies will always remain, forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's like the "golden" rule of mediumship. If one tries to contact a spirit soon after he/she dies the message might be "dirtied". Better to give the spirit time to adjust, like when he/she doesn't know he/she's died. Then the spirits are more likely to approach and give the message. (That's from the wife.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, so true! She's right. A lot of people out there seem to forget that these spirits were once "alive". They have forever ahead of them. And for us to join them in the hopefully distant future. I see the paranormal for our own understanding of the here-after.

    ReplyDelete