Announcements!

ANNOUNCEMENTS! See Below!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Going Back To My Roots In The Paranormal/Supernatural


Today I'm going down to Harry's Occult Shop in Philly to buy a candle. Not just any candle. It's a candle "dressed" for my son to get a job. I've always mentioned about taboo subjects in the paranormal. And, this is one. Dressed means they "wash" the candle with ointments, powders and write his name with a certain wooden stick with symbols. They tell you what you have to do. And, maybe other rituals have to be done also. Do I believe in this? Hey, it doesn't hurt. To me it's the same as me going to the Catholic Church and lighting a candle saying a prayer and doing the sign of the cross. Or, even doing a novena. Which is usually a seven day prayer with a rosary.
I love going to the shop with the smell of incense in the air. The automatic calm you feel as soon as you walk in. It's such a departure from the sounds of the street outside. The music which is also soothing it makes me sleepy.
But, what I really get a kick out of is the college students. They usually come down to South Street (where all the hip stuff is). They walk in like it's something "cool" to do. You always have one that is the ringleader and drags them in looking like they know what their doing. Once in, they look like lost children. They really don't understand what the shop is. They think their coming into some goth place. Thinking it will be dark and gloomy. Or, just out right "bad" or naughty. This is not the case. It shocks them. All they see is people from all walks of life. All different ages. All getting along talking, helping one another. It's wonderful.
I might just have a card reading done today.
What does this have to do with ghosts? You can find out who the spirit is. Or, find out how to get rid of it from your home. Or, just try to understand why it's hanging around you. It doesn't hurt to try it at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment