Announcements!

ANNOUNCEMENTS! See Below!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Why Do We See The Paranormal As Dark And Spooky?



I was just thinking about this the other day. Why do we see the paranormal dark? Like dark clothes, lights out, dark detailed books, mags. Almost a Gothic Halloween feel to it. A Tim Burton, Twilight look. And, why spooky? Because we jump if we see or hear something we don't expect?
When you see people involved in other aspects of the supernatural. Their clothing are light and colorful. Bells, drums and candles. They dance and are happy. They don't see it as scary (unless the spirit is evil). When a person dies in New Orleans they celebrate. In Mexico the skeletons have flowers and smiles. They believe they are helping the spirit to a better place.
So, why the gloom? And, how did this all start? It's a puzzle? Why not light and airy? Or, happy, full of color? Or, is it for the "feel". Almost everywhere that has something to do with the paranormal. It always has a "doom and gloom" feel to it. And, personally I don't like it. My son loves some of the dark clothes with the skulls on it. But, I see it as a style. If I was a spirit I would hate to see all these gloomy looking people talking to me. No wonder some of the spirits try to freak them out. I don't blame them. I would think, "Hey, I'm dead. But, treat me like you would in real life. Will ya! Boo!".
As for spooky? I'm not afraid of the dark. But, the darkness can play tricks with your eyes. But, for some it's frightening. So, why not go in the daytime to check a place out instead.
So, are some people involved in the paranormal for the "style"? I would think that's a silly thought. But, is it? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment