Announcements!

ANNOUNCEMENTS! See Below!

Monday, March 1, 2010

Spending Money On The Paranormal


I live right outside Philly. About 6 miles. So, I'm there a lot. And, I walk around all the known sites that people talk about as being haunted. Today I'm going somewhere that I have to past Independence Hall. So, I see signs on Cosi (a restaurant) and a hotel's newspaper stand for Ghost Tours. There's two of them in the city. They are not cheap. I never been on either. There is so much write ups on each of the locations. And, you figure on all the mapping online sites. You can create your own private tour. I was always thinking about going on one of these tours just to see what it's all about. But, is it worth it? I like to walk. And cities don't scare me. So, I would do my own tour. The only difference I would say it would take longer on your own to do. Their tours are about 90 min. to 2 hours. They also do private tours with equipment (cost a small fortune).
So, for you cheapo's out there (like myself). When your visiting a place either before you come. Or, even if your at the location already. Ask for the local library. Ask to be placed on a computer. And, start looking up about haunted places at that location. In Philly on 7th Street off Market St. Right behind Thomas Jefferson's residence. There is a library. They'll hook you up and they'll gladly help you the best they can. This way you have some money left over to spend on other things. Such as eating.

3 comments:

  1. Good suggestions.....I find that many of the known haunted places and hotels have raised their rates because of the huge interests in the paranormal. Some places are charging outrageous prices for private ghost hunts after dark. I have been to Philly once for a day and would like to go back and spend more time there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something my husband would encourage me to do...I think I'll have to hide this post of yours from him! (Just kidding. Excellent suggestions!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! I know what you mean Court. My husband has the first nickel he earned.
    And, Norm, me being from NYC is the same thing. People spend a lot of money on tours. But, you do have to spend more time at a location.

    ReplyDelete