Announcements!

ANNOUNCEMENTS! See Below!

Friday, March 19, 2010

Which Is The Bigger Phenomenon: Ghosts or Ghost Investigations?


I'm soon hitting my one year anniversary of writing this blog. The reason I started writing it was because of my own confusion to my own beliefs on this subject. I've been involved all my life with the supernatural. But, the "investigative" part is brand new (about 4 years now).
Next month I will beginning to set up an open discussion group. And, I'm thinking, "Which way is this discussion going to go?". More towards the paranormal TV shows? Or, just a "one hit wonder" of their personal experiences? Which would last longer?
As I have discussed in the past. Personal experiences are once in a blue moon. So, I have a bit of a problem. I really don't know how to make the group last longer? Short of starting *cough* a paranormal group. Which is not the direction I will go. For myself that is.
So, from speaking to a few people. I will start with personal experiences. Then the shows, movies, occult, etc. Last investigations (which I'll have other people run).
People love to talk about ghosts. Or, ghost stories. It reminds them as children sitting in a living room or campfire late at night. Talking spooky stuff. But, this is in a coffee shop. It's not the same thing. And, that's what I'm afraid of.
I'll try to see what comes out of it. I hope I don't find myself with some weirdo sitting there scaring the "you know what" out of everyone there. Or, some super tech geek talking a language that no one understands.
What am I hoping for? A genuine group of people that been looking for this kind of group for a long time. And, feel like they found a home. With people that understand what "they" are feeling.
It's not to help one another. As to understand ourselves in the process.

2 comments:

  1. I can see your dilemma, over this subject everyone loves a good ghost story, over the years I have joined and participated in a few investigations, but it never feels right, they bring a medium in and you get information which is ok for some but it never quite sits with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You notice that too? I thought I was the only one. Or, maybe people just don't want to say what's really on their minds.
    I really have to get this one together. Thanks for the input.

    ReplyDelete